1. Close the main shut off valve in the basement.
2. Turn the ball valves to 45 degrees and leave them in this position for the winter.
3. Turn the test cock screws to 45 degrees with a straight screw driver.
4. Open the outlet drain valve completely and leave it this way for the winter. (It is located outside.)
5. Place a bucket under the upstream drain valve and open it. Leave it open all winter with the bucket underneath.
1. Close all the ball valves, test cocks & drains. The ball valves and test cock screws run in the opposite direction they are on, when closed.
2. Turn the water on in the basement slowly, after everything has been closed.
3. Go outside and open the 2 valve handles when you hear the water fill up and stop. The handles run in the same direction as the pipe they are on when they are open all the way. Leave everything else closed. Turn the bottom ball valves on first.